The Toxic Tort Litigators and Trial Lawyers of Toxic Tort Law Practice of The Freedland Firm in Weston, South Florida have unique experience and skills in practicing Toxic Substance Law and have successfully represented plaintiffs in individual and class action Toxic Tort cases.
Although the exposure to toxic substances to some degree is unavoidable in the USA today, corporations and businesses do not have the right to consciously pollute our environment or expose you or your family to dangerous toxic substances. Over exposure to toxic substances can cause a lifetime of injury / illness and loss of income or even death and in some cases a significant damage to property. Factory workers and anyone living in or near contaminated areas are at greatest risk to be exposed to these dangerous substances.
Although Toxic Tort cases are highly complex and expensive to litigate, our Toxic Tort Law Practice believes that it crucial to protect the rights of US citizens and we are committed to investigate any claims of potential contamination of people and property.
What is Toxic Torts?
Toxic Torts are Lawsuits within the Practice Area of Toxic Substance Law and most commonly stems from irresponsible industrial companies that are negligent and release highly toxic and dangerous substances into the environment.
Toxic tort cases are usually very complicated and could involve many plaintiffs and defendants. It may take years for the exposure to the harmful toxic substance to come to full fruition and the full consequences may not be known right away. The actual source of the exposure may not be easily determined and multiple defendants may share responsibility for the contamination.
In order to win a toxic tort case, the plaintiff must be able to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that:
- The plaintiffs were exposed to the toxic substances;
- The defendants are responsible for the plaintiff's exposure to these toxic substances;
- The plaintiffs are currently suffering or have suffered injury in the past from the exposure to these toxic substances;
- Causative links between exposure to these toxic substances and any symptoms or injuries the plaintiff's may have experienced.
Toxic Tort Lawyers of The Freedland Firm consult with nationally recognized medical experts in epidemiology and the effects of toxic substances when handling these types of cases.
Toxic Torts Cases, Diseases and Damage Entitlement
The ever-increasing area of Toxic Torts now covers matters as diverse as:
- Hazardous consumer products – tobacco, prescription medications, medical devices, Dibutyl Chlorendate (DBC) pesticides, and more.
- Exposure to unsafe environment - contaminated groundwater, fumes from oil refineries, effects of living close to a hazardous or toxic waste site, electromagnetic radiation (cell phones), etc.
- Catastrophic events - chemical explosion, hazardous waste clean-up, etc.
- Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) where occupants suffer illness and other adverse health effects.
- Exposure to dangerous substances in the workplace – Asbestos, Lead (lead-based paints), toxic mold contamination, Formaldehyde (treatment for wood and carpets), welding rod fumes, Benzene, Carbon Monoxide (colorless and odorless), etc.
Common diseases in toxic tort cases include Aplastic anemia, Asbestosis, Berylliosis, Byssinosis, Hodgkins disease, Interstitial lung disease, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Manganism, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Pneumoconiosis, Sarcoidosis, Silicosis and Thrombocytopenic Purpura.
The damages that the plaintiffs are entitled to Toxic Tort may include:
- Past and future medical and monitoring costs;
- Past and future losses in earnings;
- Pain, suffering and emotional distress;
- Removal / abatement costs and property damages;
- Risk of cancer; etc.
Consult with the Toxic Tort Attorneys at The Freedland Firm
IIf you, a loved one or someone you know has been exposed to a toxic substance at work or at home, contact our Toxic Tort Litigators and Trial Lawyers in Weston, South Florida. Our experienced Toxic Tort Lawyers can evaluate your claim and will help you to understand the legal issues involved in litigating your Toxic Tort case. With a total and unwavering commitment to your cause, the Law offices of The Freedland Firm will pursue the best available legal remedies for recovering any damages that you might have suffered.
Toxic Substances Resource Links